Bingle's staff application

Bingle's staff application

Posted 1 year ago

Discord name (include tag)bingle#2143

How old are you: 17

Steam ID64 (https://www.steamidfinder.com/): 76561199095591532

Are you currently staff within any other online communities: no i am not

How long have you been a part of the Shade Networks community (including time in BlitzRP and previous servers): in total i have over 400 hours played on shade networs, i played from october of 2021 until it shut down in febuary of 2022, and then i played it the second it relaunched.

What motivates you to become part of the Shade Network Staff Team: I want to be able to keep people who dont actually rp and just want to annoy/troll the other players out of the server. and due to the server being recently launched it seems to be alot of trolls but not enough staff so i would like to help.

Why do you think you're best suited for this position (include any previous experience, if any): I dont get annoyed easily and can de-escalate a situation fairly swiftly. i dont really do anything else apart from when im working, I am always on very early in the morning and very late at night so when no other staff/admins are available I will be.

Describe, in your own words, what RDM stands for and provide an example: rdm (random death match) is the act of killing someone out of an rp situation, lets say someone is robbing the bank and criminal A kills cop A during a shootout that would be acceptable but if a person just goes out and starts shooting/stabbing another person that would be RDM, so basically rdm is just the act of randomly deciding to kill someone out of an rp situation that calls for it.

You witness a player kill someone without the proper initation, describe the steps you would take to remediate the situation (
including the punishment you believe would be appropriate)first i would take the person who was killed (person A) away to a staff sit area and ask them to tell me what happened before i got there, after that i would bring the person who killed (person B) to the staff sit area and ask them what there reason was for killing person A, i would take into account what person B says if it was an understandable reason, and then i would inform person B that they are getting a warning (or ban depending on how many rdm warns they have) for RDM, i would then issue the warning/ban and return both person A and B to their original positions and close the report.

Describe a time you made a mistake and took steps to remediate the matter: firstly i would apologies to the parties involved and let them know if they received any warnings that they will be revoked. and if it was a case of mistaken identity i would warn/speak to the correct person and issue them the fitting punishment

Estimate the amount of time you can dedicate towards this position (include your timezone)(gmt) I work 5 days a week so i could be on for an hour before i go to work in the mornings and for a decent amount of time after i finish, and on the days im not working i will be on as much as possible unless i have other plans which if im being honest is very unlikely

Please confirm you understand the application requirements & rules: i have read and understand the rules

Posted 1 year ago

Rep + 

• Good explanations and scenarios
  • Not staff on other Servers
  • Good Playtime on Shade
  • Active on server
  • He can be on the early mornings

ollio

I like cats 

Posted 1 year ago

Rep +/-

• He has had some moments in the OCC and strong opinions 
  • Could have made it look more organized

Rep - 

• Seen him lose his temper with people 

ollio

I like cats 

Posted 1 year ago

Conclusion

After reading through your application I see that the answers are well made but could have the scenarios separated from the answer to make it visually better and easier to read.  Have had some discussions in the OCC and have Seen him yell/lose his temper at some people. Have seen you as a friendly player besides that has been much on in recent days. And is an active part of the Community. I am gonna give this application a REP+

ollio

I like cats 

Posted 1 year ago

+REP 

-Almost has the most hours in the new server
-On everyday 
-Good Answer for question 8 
-A much better Appliation than the last one - Good Job 

+/-REP 

-Never have staffed before 
-" I dont get annoyed easily" I know you and you do get annoyed easily.
  As well argumentative.

-REP 

-Not a valid answer for question 9 - this question is about self reflection and shows that you can change. 
-Has a warn for prop minge 
-Don't listen to Staff when they tell you to stop arguing in OOC - this is a recurring situation
-Sometimes can be a minge

-Moderator-

Posted 1 year ago

Overall 

You have answered the questions well and they are not short paragraphs as some peoples. Your reflection question was unvalid as you either misread the question or went around it. You're in the server frequently, you haven't played any other games apart from Shade on Gmod since launch. However with the feedback I have given you I am overall giving you +/-REP. This is only because of your actions to other people in OOC. When you get annoyed you constantly go for the person who has annoyed you. Which isn't what Staff should be doing. Staff are meant to have a calm and friendly environment to them. I hope this feedback helps you change the way you talk to people. You are friendly to most people on the server which is good but wish you were friendly to all. With some professionalism in your roleplaying, I think this review would be a +rep. You are a lovely guy and I love you as a friend too but for the community I have made this decision. 

Thank you for reading this feedback 
Business Women 

-Moderator- 

This thread is locked for further conversations